We tuned into Instagram Live with @ConnorFarrell25 to talk his professional lacrosse career and staying active during quarantine.
Current Team: Chrome LLC
- Drafted by the New York Lizards of Major League Lacrosse and Chrome Lacrosse Club of the Premiere Lacrosse League.
- Signed a professional contract with Chrome LC
- Finished first in the nation and in the conference in face-off winning percentage (.814)
- Finished first in the nation and in the conference in ground balls per game (16.75)
- Set new NCAA Division II records for single-season face-off winning percentage and single-season ground balls per game. Also set an NCAA Division II single-game record with 30 ground balls against Merrimack
- Started all 16 games
- All-ECC First Team
- ECC Offensive Player of the week (3/11)
- Finished with six goals on the season
Lacrosse was not your first sport. When you were at LIU you held the highest record for tackles and interceptions in school history. How did you make the transition from football to lacrosse?
It was simply and silly. I lost a bet with my friend, the next day I was at lacrosse practice.
What's the most important trait to have during Faceoff?
Confidence, my position is 80% mental.
Recovering your body is very important, especially as a professional athlete. What are your favorite ways to recover?
My favorite recovery methods are sitting in the ice bath, cupping therapy and massage therapy.
People refer to you as "Milkman" and "Thor", how did you get those nicknames?
"The Milkman" was a nod to the gallon of milk I drank every single day.
"Thor" just came about because of my hair.
What is the best advice you’d give to anyone looking to make a switch in their athletic career?
Work Hard. If you work hard, you will succeed at anything in life.
What was your favorite workout during (the COVID-19) quarantine?
I’ve been pushing my Dodge Ram truck. My brother sits in the driver’s seat and puts the truck in neutral. It is a great workout, but also a lot of fun.
After (the COVID-19) quarantine is over, what are you most looking forward to doing?
I can’t wait to get back to the gym and keep training hard.
Thank you, Connor! Best of luck this season!
* photo & video taken from Connor's Instagram account